West Kent Golf Club was established in 1916. The course at Downe was built in 1925 to the design of W H Fowler and J F Abercrombie, who have designed many clubs in the area including, The Berkshire, Walton Heath and Coombe Hill.
The 6427 yard course has a challenging mixture of undulating features based on woodland, downland and parkland holes to test all abilities. West Kent is the longest ladies course in Kent at just under 6000 yards.
Major investment has been made in recent years including a state of the art irrigation system and development of new pathways and improvements to our greens.